Utah Weather: Snow is coming this weekend. Here’s what to expect
Utah will see another wave of fresh snow, which will certainly thrill skiers and snowboarders but disappoint commuters.
What is happening?
Utah currently has two major winter weather alerts: an avalanche watch for the mountains and a winter weather advisory for the Wasatch Mountains.
- “A winter storm is still set to impact Utah and southwestern Wyoming from Friday to Sunday,” according to the National Weather Service of Salt Lake City. “We expect heavy snowfall in the mountains, with the potential for impacts in the valley as well.”
A winter storm is still on track to hit Utah and southwestern Wyoming from Friday to Sunday. We expect heavy snowfall in the mountains, with the potential for impacts to the valley as well. Here is the last one. #utwx pic.twitter.com/eQq6Xapj7R
– NWS Salt Lake City (@NWSSaltLakeCity) January 21, 2021
KSL Weather explained what will happen with the new batch of snow and rain.
- A winter storm will approach Utah from the south.
- Rain will develop over the Wasatch front and the valleys on Friday. Snow will fall in the mountains.
- Temperatures will drop early Saturday morning bringing snow to the valley.
- Flurries will be intermittent on Saturday.
- Snowfall will end on Sunday.
But the uncertainty remains
Through National Meteorological Service, confidence is high that there will be snow in the mountains. But there is uncertainty as to how much snow will accumulate in the valley.
One more thing…
According to KSL Weather, there will be another winter storm next week.